Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fear?


(From July 19, 2012)

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

So often, we feel it's all up to us. If only I did things different, or if only I had done more, if only I had known better, if only.... (you fill in the blank). We can live a long life of "if onlys" this way. The truth is is that it is not all up to us; we do our best, with the knowledge and wisdom we have, and trust that our God will strengthen, help, and uphold our efforts. And if we fail, er, and when we fail, we can still trust that God will work all things out for the good of those who love him. And if we sin, er, when we sin, we can trust in God's unfailing, unearned grace.

So then, what again is there to fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment