Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom



For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1

The events of the last few days in Egypt drive home a truth for me.  How blessed I am to have been born and lived my whole life in the United States of America.  As flawed as it may seem at times, how set apart we are that we can vote and change governmental leadership peacefully.  Every time we have an election, we exercise an incredible freedom. I have never taken this for granted, and I never will.  I cannot remember the last time I failed to vote, even in a local election.

Freedom.  Celebrate it today.

But remember the ultimate freedom we have.  Slavery need never grasp us again. Christ has set us free for…freedom!  Maybe a good thing to do for any of us on Independence Day is to check ourselves and see if we have anything that has such a grip on us that we are losing our freedom.  It is not Christ’s will that any of us suffer from the yoke of slavery; hand over those enslavements to him. He'll carry that burden.

Freedom.  Celebrate it today.

1 comment:

  1. We take a lot of things for granted in our land. We have incredible freedoms, including the one found in Jesus. I worry they are being taken away, but at least for today I will Celebrate! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete