Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sinner!


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus….”   Romans 3:23-24

Darn

Just when I thought I was getting perfect….  Paul reminds me of something.  Sometimes a little humility is a good thing. 

“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

All. Me.

Sometimes we Christians get awfully high and mighty.  Let me back up.  Sometimes I can get awfully high and mighty. We feel we have something special; we have a great message that we can’t wait to tell people; we have what we trust is God’s word to explain to us and others how things are and how we should live.  We think we are special! 

We’re not.

Paul brings it painfully back home that we are sinners saved by the grace of God.  Functionally and experientially (unfortunately) believers and trusters in Christ are no better than any other person.  “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”  Sigh.

There is really only one difference between me and any other garden variety sinner.  I accept that Christ went to the cross because of my sinfulness.  I own up to that personally. Very personally. 

While we may not be functionally and experientially any better than any other person, there is one advantage:  positionally, we are held sinless. Paul says, yes even though all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” nevertheless we “are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.”

For me.  For you.  For all those who believe. That my friends, is perfection!

Sinner?  Yes.  Saved?  Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment