Friday, January 4, 2013

2013


This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” - Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

It’s 2013.  Guess I don’t need to tell you that.  Unless you are writing the date on something important like a mortgage check.  If you are like me, I’ll be writing 2012 on things like that until mid….April.

I look forward to 2013.  In some ways it was a rough 2012 for our family.  There was loss.  Too much. Nothing that anyone of you probably didn’t face last year also. I understand that.  But I miss a lot of the people I had the privilege to bury last year.  I knew some fine people.  They really did not need to be with the Lord so soon, but mine is not to question.  But I can mourn a little.  I also miss my mother-in-law.  My mother is the only one of our parents left.  And she’s moving to Montana.  OK, it’s not like she’s moving to Siberia or somewhere, but my California connections are drying up.  

I look forward to 2013.  Did I say that yet?   Seems I can literally hear the Lord saying to me, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!  Good.  I’m ready.  As I’ve stated before, my faith has always been a forward looking faith.  I sense that 2013 is going to be a good year.  Doesn’t mean that everything that happens will be good.  I get that.  But it does mean that whatever may come this year, God will do a new thing through them.  And “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (visit Romans 8:28)

So I will learn a little; I will grow a little, I will love a little; I will care a little; but above all that I will be grown, taught, loved and cared for even more by the one “making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

I love that imagery. 

It’s 2013, and it’s going to be a good year.  As was, ultimately, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment