Wednesday, September 11, 2013

30



“…even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” Isaiah 46:4

Ugh. Even in a month that I celebrate (yeah, right) another birthday; I need reminded?  That I am getting old.  30 years ago I might have thought such a verse was quaint.  Heck, 30 years ago, I probably thought being 30 was old. But now.

It’s becoming a reality.  I still have most of my hair.  20 years after finding my first grey one, the salt and pepper is growing on me.  Literally.

Time for a reminder.  That the one who create me has not let me go. The passage above says he will bear, carry and save.  Even to my old age.  And gray hairs.

You know, I’m OK with that.

If he gives me another 30 years, I know who will bear, carry and save me. Kinda makes the unknown of getting old, less fearsome. Even to my old age, I know who I belong to, he will not let me go. Today, do you know who you belong to?

No comments:

Post a Comment