Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My back hurts....

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 
1 Corinthians 10:31

My back hurts....

Yesterday, as we were re-purposing a closet, I had the opportunity to add a receptacle in a bathroom (feeding the power from the closet), and then adding a light, switch and a feed from the garage to the closet itself.

And I learned (or re-learned) two things.

If I still had to make my living as an electrician (as I did for 22 years), I'd starve to death. I've gotten so slow at it. I've known this for a while, but the occasional reminders kind of hurt.
And...I'm aging. Twisting around on a ladder and reaching in odd positions to paint/mount lights/strap cable has my back in turmoil today. As I sit this morning and consider next Sunday's sermon, my back reminds me of what all we did get done yesterday.

And we did get much done.

The passage I've quoted above is a reminder. I think, first of all, that I should feel blessed that I have a few tangible skills that I occasionally place into practice. But secondly, I should give the glory to God in all the things I am able to do. Because, as James 1:17 states, "every good and perfect gift is from above...."

Including working at the house on Labor Day. Thank you Lord, for being even able to do so.
My back will heal; eventually I'll go to the garage and splice in the feed I dropped into it so that the closet, and the new receptacle in the bathroom, can have power. And hopefully when I do the "smoke test" (electrician lingo for powering something up for the first time), all will be well, and a new project will beckon.

And in it all, may the glory of God be obvious.

Have a great week everyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment