Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Relationship


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29:11-13

Most readers of the Bible are familiar with this passage.  Most read it as a great passage about God and his promises.  Which it certainly is.

But I can also see it about relationship.  Yes there is the promise aspect. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Enjoy, relish in these promises.

But, as in any healthy relationship, there is another side here.  Yes God brings to his believers and trusters great promises of wellbeing and hope.  Count on it.  But there is an expectation of something in return.  Not as a debt, not things to be done out of obligation, but as a result of a relationship.  He expects his people to call, pray, seek and find.  To be in a vital living relationship.  With God.

How is your relationship today? 

God will keep up his end.  And he’ll help you keep up yours. And then enjoy the welfare, good, future and hope he gives you. 

In relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment