Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rejoice. Always.


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Philippians 4:4

Rejoice. Always.

Not easy to do? I understand. But it should be. I know life has a way of beating us down. Life is not always fun. Yet there are grand reasons to rejoice. Always.

Just take a moment this morning. Take a paper and pencil (or screen and keyboard), and think of the good things in your life right now that are directly attributable to God. They can be simple things:

1. I woke up. 2. I have people in my life that I love and, in return, love me back 3. I am gainfully employed. 4. (Fill in the blank).

They could be grand things:

1. I am loved and saved by Jesus! 2. I have been gifted and able to do ministry! 3. I have a great job! 4. I have been blessed with a special spouse/friend/family member. 5. (Fill in many blanks)

If we could just take a moment every morning, and really sort through our blessings, then, in spite of what may be awaiting you on any given day, it will be easy to rejoice.

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment