Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday


Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many - Proverbs 4:10

I mentioned several weeks ago that I am getting old.  As I consider another birthday, it is hard to imagine that I am on the slide towards 60 years.  How in the, uh, world, did this happen?  Just yesterday I was 21 years young and wondering how life was going to turn out.  Now, I’ve been retired from my first career for over 12 years and have been in full time vocational ministry since.  Guess I’m still wondering how it’s going to turn out in a sense.

I just need to thank the Lord for the years he has given me.   They have been many. And maybe I’m just fooling myself, but I can’t shake the feeling that the best is yet come.  Although I’ve  always felt that way.  But the feeling that the best ministry yet is just around the corner pervades. Being a Christ follower and truster always assumes that great things are coming. Something about the temporal momentary troubles of life paling in the light of eternity. (visit 2 Cor. 4:16-18)

This I know.  I had a birthday some 32 and a half years ago that sealed my fate.  The Bible calls it being born again.  I call it living life with a purpose and having a future that is secure.  No matter how many or few years the Lord gives.  The best is yet to come.  I pray you can see that in your life too.

Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment