Friday, August 9, 2013

Pleasure



For the Lord takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation. Psalm 149:4

It is hard to imagine.  The Lord takes pleasure.  In me.  Yet that is what this brief description of part of the character of God says.

I think about myself, and how far short of the mark I routinely fall.  How can the Lord take pleasure in that?

Maybe people like me need to be reminded. 

Because somehow, someway, I was created in the image of God (visit Genesis 1:26).  Because  somehow, someway, he knit me together in my mother’s womb (visit Psalm 139:13). Because somehow, someway, before he knit me together he knew who and what I was going to be (visit Jeremiah 1:5). Because somehow, someway, I can be called his child (visit 1 John 3:1). Because somehow, someway, he sent his son to die for me because of the fact that I so frequently far short of the mark (visit Romans 5:8).

Because somehow, someway…he takes pleasure in me; humbly and in awe, salvation is there.

What a pleasure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment