Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Prepared



Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Some things are done on the spur of the moment, led by the Spirit; these are moments to cherish.  Sometimes, though, the work we do requires preparation.  Paul likens this aspect to “a worker who has no need to be ashamed.”

In my prior life I was an electrician; worked in construction.  It took four years of apprenticeship and occasional continuing education to keep myself up on the trade.  If I were to re-immerse myself back into that workforce at my now ripe old age (after 13 years), likely I’d be lost. Technology has changed much, stricter codes likely exist, and frankly younger people could work circles around me.  Yep.  I would have to really work at presenting myself yourself as one approved.

Doing God’s mission often times is done by the quick prompting and leading of the Spirit.  They are done better if we are prepared ahead of time.  Getting into God’s word, spending intentional time in prayer, spending time with other like-minded, and in my case, frankly sharper Christians.  Intentionally preparing ourselves “as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.”

Approved.  By God.

There will be no bigger blessing; God will take delight in working through you. Be prepared….

No comments:

Post a Comment